Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Radio Break

So I'm going to this audition on Wednesday. I found the link on craigslist, which is a big red flag to me. The last "sounds too good to be true" job listing I found there was for a $30 / hr. internship working in "games and social networking." After I sent an email, they responded with this form letter with some steps to take:

1) Download a game from this website. Play the game for 20 minutes, then write a synopsis and tell us three ways you would improve this game. No problem. Done.

2) Go to this website building website, sign up, and design a simple web site with the tools offered. Of course, this site requires giving a credit card number.

So that didn't work out so great.

Anyways, the radio thingy claims they have a lot of positions for DJs, interviewers, etc. I got an email with a phone number, and the phone number had a voicemail. I have to go to this place in Hollywood where they'll have a short orientation, then have "private auditions." I am wary that I will have to fork up some cash for said audition. And I am such a pussy, I'm afraid I'll end up ponying up.

No comments:

Post a Comment